Revvity | About Us
Revvity is a developer and provider of end-to-end solutions designed to help scientists, researchers, and clinicians solve the world’s greatest health challenges. We pair the enthusiasm of an industry disruptor with the experience of a longtime leader. Our diverse team of 11,000+ colleagues from around the globe are vital to our success and the reason we’re able to push boundaries in pursuit of better human health.
Find your future at Revvity.
Our Company and Passion:
Does working on disruptive, integrated, sample-to-solution platforms excite you? Would you work well with a cross-functional team of people passionate about shaking up an industry? Can you work with multiple outside suppliers, product management, R&D and manufacturing teams to build the best solutions for our customers?
Revvity is looking for a detail oriented, passionate individual who wants to make a difference in the field of innovative, next generation reagent products. Our team has a straight-forward, can-do culture, and we hold each other to lofty standards.
The primary responsibility of this position is partnering with our global operations and business leaders to providing strategic sourcing expertise to our global procurement teams. This role will focus on identifying and developing strategic alliances with existing suppliers, identifying new suppliers, and acting as a liaison between our sites, business units, scientists, and sourcing teams to drive supplier performance and cultivate redundancy and resiliency across our reagent supply chain.
The Sourcing Manager – Lab consumables will have a primary focus on materials for diagnostic and life science plastic consumables and workflow/instrument solutions. The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of plastic consumables, supplier landscape, pricing trends and be able to source and evaluate global suppliers and their capabilities. The position requires an individual to work closely with our internal teams and external suppliers be recognized by their peers as an expert in the field. Thinking outside the box and challenging current processes is expected and encouraged to accelerate new product introduction.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Cost Savings. Ability to identify Total Cost of Ownership opportunities and execute negotiations, projects, and sourcing activities to deliver continuous cost savings.
- Identifying Key Suppliers. Reviewing and analyzing current suppliers and identifying and making recommendations based on technology.
- New Product Introduction. Partnering with R&D and manufacturing to support projects from pilot development through full-scale manufacturing in both regulated and non-regulated production facilities and participating in M&A and due diligence projects to advise stakeholders of technical opportunities and risks within the supply chain. Identifies opportunities to leverage supplier capabilities or insource.
- Driving Process Improvement Initiatives. In conjunction with business units and global procurement organization, identifying opportunities for supply chain improvements, vertical integration and insourcing that will deeply impact growth, customer satisfaction and quality improvements across the organization.
- Data Analysis. Compiles spend data by site, supplier and technology and recommends ways to maximize or optimize spend.
- Technical Acumen. Maintaining a deep understanding of plastics commodities and methods to produce and test these materials. Knowledge of materials such as automated pipette tips, microplates, filters, and bottles is required. Injection Molding processes experience. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to be the technical sourcing expert for plastic materials.
- Safety and Regulations. Developing and maintaining processes and methods that comply with all safety, ISO / regulatory, and company requirements/guidelines, in support of local, state and federal safety standards.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- BS in materials engineering, supply chain, business or STEM discipline
- 5-8+ years of experience working with a variety of plastic materials (automated pipette tips, microplates, filters, and consumable materials) in a biotech organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- MS in Materials engineering, Supply Chain or a related scientific discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of global plastics suppliers
- Contracting / supply agreement experience
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP and ERP / MRP systems a plus
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally